Archives & Research Collections (ARC) was established in 2008. Its purpose is to serve research, teaching, and learning at Carleton University.
Located in the MacOdrum Library, and working within the framework of the Library’s general collections and gifts policies, ARC:
- acquires, preserves, and makes available for long-term use its archival and rare books collections holdings;
- promotes and encourages the use of its collections;
- supports those engaged in research and instruction;
- collaborates with other institutions, associations, organizations, and individuals to promote and further the archival profession; and
- strives to develop strong specialized research holdings.
ARC actively pursues, acquires, and makes available (regardless of format) archival collections from individuals, associations, and organizations. ARC also provides ongoing practicum education opportunities for students.
Please visit the Archives & Research Collections website for more information about ARC and its services.