Series 5 - Course material

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Course material

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title taken from content of series.

Level of description

Series

Reference code

RLM-5

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1959-1990 (Creation)

Physical description area

Physical description

  • 0.95 m of textual records

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1918-2000)

Custodial history

Scope and content

Series consists of course notes, syllabuses, reading lists for upper year Canadian and American Literature classes and research notes. Research notes are on assorted authors and publications that Dr. McDougall consulted for his lectures. Research notes are handwritten in pen on index cards. Series also includes an Interdisciplinary Seminar titled "The Angry Thirties," that Dr. McDougall chaired. The Seminar discussed the significance of the Depression on Canada.

The University began instruction in 1942. In 1952, the Department of English Language and Literature was created as a unit of the Faculty of Arts and Science. In 1957, the Department joined the Division of the Humanities and Social Sciences of the Faculty of Arts and Science. In 1963, English Language and Literature became a department of Division I of the Faculty of Arts. English became part of the reconstituted Faculty of Arts in 1976. Dr. McDougall began teaching English at University College, University of Toronto in 1947. He became Lecturer in 1950 and Assistant Professor in 1954. In 1957, Dr. McDougall joined the English Department at Carleton University. He became a Full Professor in 1961.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Generated finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

General note

Course material is designated by course number.

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres