Part of David Farr fonds
Series consists of correspondence with students and academics, conference and course materials, meeting minutes, memorandums, pamphlets, and reports which reflect Dr. Farr's teaching and administrative responsibilities for the Institute of Canadian Studies.
The Institute of Canadian Studies was established in 1957 as an administrative unit of the Division of Humanities and Social Sciences of the Faculty of Arts and Science. In 1963, when the University reorganized into four faculties, the Institute of Canadian Studies became part of the Faculty of Arts, where it remained until 1976. When the Faulty of Arts separated into two faculties; the Faculty of Arts and the Faculty of Social Science, the Institute of Canadian Studies joined the Faculty of Arts. In 1992, the Institute became the School of Canadian Studies. As professor of Canadian history and as Dean of Arts (1963-1969), Dr. Farr's teaching and administrative responsibilities extended to include the Institute of Canadian Studies.