Showing 589 results

Archival description
Series
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

Canadian Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies

Series consists of correspondence, circulars, membership lists, committee documents, newsletters, clippings and conference programs that Dr. McDougall created and accumulated while he was a member and when he held the post of International Chairman. Series also consists of material from Queen's University. Queen's University debated whether or not to establish an Commonwealth and Comparative Studies undergrad program and asked Dr. McDougall for a letter of recommendation.

This organization is the Canadian branch of the International Organization. The Association for Commonwealth Literature and Language Studies encourages the study and research in Commonwealth literature, languages and related fields. The Association encourages comparative studies such as the study of the relationship between English and indigenous literatures and languages.

Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT)

This series consists of material accumulated, created and used by Professor Frumhartz during his participation in Canadian Association of University Teachers (CAUT). He served on the Council and Executive of CAUT in 1974-1976 and 1980-1984. The records mainly consist of committee minutes with some correspondence and reports.

Canadian Centre for Livable Places

Series documents the activities of the Canadian Centre for Livable Places from 1988-1993. Series contains administrative, legal, and financial records for the Canadian Centre for Livable Places. These records take the forms of agendas, memos; legal advice, research and correspondence; budgets, receipts, and invoices. Also includes publications, promotional materials and educational materials.

The Canadian Centre for Livable Places (CCLP) began in ca. 1989 as a result of the success of the Heritage Canada Foundation's Main Street Program. John Weiler acted as director for the Centre throughout its operation. The CCLP aimed to facilitate mediation and negotiation between developers, municipal officials and citizens' groups. Its actions included symposiums, an occasional newsletter ("Resolution") providing educational services, applied research, and facilitating negotiation and mediation. The CCLP ceased operations ca. 1993.

Canadian Museum of Civilization

Series is comprised of material created or accumulated by George MacDonald pertaining to the day to day operations of the Canadian Museum of Civilization and his role as President, CEO, and Executive Director of the Canadian Museum of Civilization, Inc. The material covers various activities but is primarily composed of media clippings, reports, and memoranda.

Canadian Museum of Civilization

This series consists of: client correspondence, internal correspondence, program information & client requirements, change orders, children's museum atrium fitup, shop drawing & construction photographs.

The Canadian Museum of Civilization finished construction in 1989, in Gatineau, Quebec. The Museum of Civilization consists of curatorial and exhibition spaces as well as two theatres, and an Imax Theatre.

Canadian War Museum

This series is comprised of material created or accumulated by Dr. George MacDonald in his role as President, CEO, and Executive Director of the Canadian Museum of Civilization, Inc. pertaining to the Canadian War Museum including material on the proposed Holocaust exhibit and museum.

Carleton College

Series consists of correspondence with students and academics, course offerings and schedules, Faculty meeting minutes, pamphlets, memoranda, and newspaper clippings created and accumulated by Dr. Farr while lecturing at Carleton College. Also included 2 photographs of original staff of the College taken in 1992.

Carleton College was founded in 1942 by local businessmen and civil servants who believed education was a worthy cause. They hoped to broaden the career opportunities for young people by offering evening classes which would make it possible for them to better themselves. As a result of the Second World War, the Federal Government expanded as both men and women relocated to Ottawa to fill government positions. With this influx of person(s), an excellent opportunity arose to establish a post-secondary school institution; the first post- secondary school institution established in Ontario since the nineteenth century. With the end of the war, Carleton College began to expand and one year later Dr. Farr was appointed lecturer in history and lectured between 1947-1952, after which he was appointed Assistant Professor until 1957. One year later Dr. Farr was appointed lecturer in history and lectured between 1947-1952, after which he was appointed Assistant Professor until 1957.

Results 61 to 70 of 589