Fonds ODFE - Office of the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

Office of the Dean of the Faculty of Engineering fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

ODFE

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

Physical description area

Physical description

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

Administrative history

The University began instruction in applied science and engineering in 1945, offering a two year Certificate i Engineering. In 1946, all courses in arts, pure and applied science and engineering were consolidated in the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and in 1952 engineering was made a department. In 1957, Engineering became a school within the Division of Science of the Faculty of Arts. In 1963, the University reorganized into four faculties; the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Science, the Faculty of Graduate Studies and the Faculty of Engineering. In 1974, the departments of the Faculty were formally established, recognizing divisions which had always existed within the Faculty. The Dean of Engineering has operational control of the teaching and research activities of the departments within the Faculty. Academic decisions are directed by the Faculty Board, comprising the Dean as head, all faculty members and a representative group of students. The current Dean of the Faculty of Engineering & Design is Dr. Rafik Goubran.

Custodial history

The Carleton University Archives recieved this material in 1994.

Scope and content

This fonds contains a hard cover folder containing the Candidate's Copy of the Iron Ring ceremony.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related places

Related genres