St. Patrick's College

Identity area

Type of entity

Corporate body

Authorized form of name

St. Patrick's College

Parallel form(s) of name

Standardized form(s) of name according to other rules

Other form(s) of name

Identifiers for corporate bodies

Description area

Dates of existence

1929-1979

History

St. Patrick's College opened on September 5, 1929 near St. Joseph's Church on Laurier Avenue. Later, the College moved to Patterson Field on Echo Drive. The College was originally owned by the English speaking Province of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate and fell under the jurisdiction of the University of Ottawa. Due to a number of factors ranging from issues of funding to those of language, St. Patrick's College became part of Carleton University on July 12, 1967. St. Patrick's College moved to the Rideau River Campus on August 20, 1973 with the official opening of the new College occurring on October 14, 1973. Aside from an emphasis on the liberal arts, the College brought with it the School of Social Welfare which became the School of Social Work.

Places

Legal status

Functions, occupations and activities

Mandates/sources of authority

Internal structures/genealogy

General context

Relationships area

Access points area

Subject access points

Place access points

Occupations

Control area

Authority record identifier

Institution identifier

Rules and/or conventions used

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language(s)

Script(s)

Sources

Maintenance notes

  • Clipboard

  • Export

  • EAC

Related subjects

Related places