Fonds SPAT - St. Patrick's College fonds

Title and statement of responsibility area

Title proper

St. Patrick's College fonds

General material designation

  • Textual record
  • Graphic material
  • Sound recording

Parallel title

Other title information

Title statements of responsibility

Title notes

  • Source of title proper: Title taken from contents of fonds.

Level of description

Fonds

Reference code

SPAT

Edition area

Edition statement

Edition statement of responsibility

Class of material specific details area

Statement of scale (cartographic)

Statement of projection (cartographic)

Statement of coordinates (cartographic)

Statement of scale (architectural)

Issuing jurisdiction and denomination (philatelic)

Dates of creation area

Date(s)

  • 1929-1978 (Creation)
    Creator
    St. Patrick's College

Physical description area

Physical description

  • 2.07 m of textual records
  • 50 photographs
  • 1 moving picture reel
  • 1 audio reel
  • 3 audio cassettes
  • 4 objects
  • 8 academic hoods [textile]

Publisher's series area

Title proper of publisher's series

Parallel titles of publisher's series

Other title information of publisher's series

Statement of responsibility relating to publisher's series

Numbering within publisher's series

Note on publisher's series

Archival description area

Name of creator

(1929-1979)

Administrative history

St. Patrick's College opened on September 5, 1929 near St. Joseph's Church on Laurier Avenue. Later, the College moved to Patterson Field on Echo Drive. The College was originally owned by the English speaking Province of the Oblates of Mary Immaculate and fell under the jurisdiction of the University of Ottawa. Due to a number of factors ranging from issues of funding to those of language, St. Patrick's College became part of Carleton University on July 12, 1967. St. Patrick's College moved to the Rideau River Campus on August 20, 1973 with the official opening of the new College occurring on October 14, 1973. Aside from an emphasis on the liberal arts, the College brought with it the School of Social Welfare which became the School of Social Work.

Custodial history

Accession 2006-30 was part of a group of records transferred to the archives from the Library Special Collections in 2007.

Scope and content

The fonds consists of records created by or received by St. Patrick's College with specific emphasis on the period leading up to the transfer to Carleton University. This fonds is comprised of eleven series: Academic records (1932-1967); Administration files (1941-1979); Alumni records (1959-1977); Chronological files (1965-1978); Committee records (1967-1978); Contracts (1972-1973); Convocation files (1954-1978); General correspondence and memos (1964-1978); Miscellaneous material (1929-1979); Publications (1945-1977); School of Social Welfare.

Notes area

Physical condition

Immediate source of acquisition

Arrangement

Arranged by Archives technician.

Language of material

Script of material

Location of originals

Availability of other formats

Restrictions on access

Terms governing use, reproduction, and publication

Finding aids

Generated finding aid

Associated materials

Related materials

Accruals

Alternative identifier(s)

Standard number area

Standard number

Access points

Subject access points

Place access points

Name access points

Genre access points

Control area

Institution identifier

Rules or conventions

Status

Level of detail

Dates of creation, revision and deletion

Language of description

Script of description

Sources

Accession area

Related subjects

Related people and organizations

Related places

Related genres